Whistleblowing: The disclosure by a person, usually an employee in a government agency or private enterprise, to the public or to those in authority, of mismanagement, corruption, illegality, or some other wrongdoing.
This policy applies to all individuals working with or for the TOR Group of Companies who become aware of one or more of the following issues or incidents arising within TOR Operations or undertaken by a member of TOR staff.
- That a criminal offence has been committed, is being committed or is likely to be committed;
- That a person has failed, is failing or is likely to fail to comply with any legal obligation to which he is subject;
- That a miscarriage of justice has occurred, is occurring, or is likely to occur;
- That the health or safety of any individual has been, is being, or is likely to be, endangered;
- That the environment has been, is being, or is likely to be, damaged;
- That information tending to show any of the above is being or is likely to be deliberately concealed;
- There has been an unreported clinical incident or near miss
The individuals becoming aware of any of these issues should make a report to either internal or, if necessary, external authorities. The individuals should use the reporting procedure set out below to ensure the issue or incident is most effectively reported.
1. Contact the TOR manager with or for whom the individual is working.
2. If 1. is not appropriate, the individual should contact one of the following:
- TOR Head Office Afghanistan to speak to a senior member of the TOR Country Management Team: the line is open 24/7 : +93 (0) 79 824 6174
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate a whistleblowing case).
- Or via email@example.com insisting the report be brought to the attention of the CEO, Piers Hill.
3. If you do not feel confident talking to an internal team member and would prefer to use an external authority to report your case TOR are registered with SafeCall, an independent whistleblowing hotline provider: Safecall 24/7 Free phone: +800 7233 2255 UK +44 (0)191 516 7749 www.safecall.co.uk
The individual making the declaration/report can be sure that TOR will not take any adverse action against the individual when making that declaration/report as long as it is made in good faith.